6 x Thursday evenings 6:30pm – 8:30pm Jan 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 15, 22 Small Group $350pp
There is no more fertile ground for self-discovery than the path of parenthood. Children come into this world with their own agenda and their own paths, which may or may not have anything to do with our goals in parenting them. When we welcome these beings into our lives, usually knowing nothing about them, we are saying yes to the mystery and taking a big step (or sometimes a free fall!) into the unknown. It is in this space that we have the opportunity to come face to face with ourselves and our patterns, and to catalyze and capitalize on the inner alchemy that is ripening moment to moment.
Join us for a 6-week deep dive into your inner landscape as we explore the patterns and opportunities that your unique experience of parenthood is bringing to light.
Each week will feature:
- Gathering with a close cohort to form community and connection
- A lecture and discussion on a relevant issue in parenting or personal inquiry
- Guided meditation to deeply explore the issue as it relates to you personally
- Personal inquiry work – each week, with the support of the circle, several parents will have the opportunity to engage in guided inquiry work with Denise. This is an opportunity to unearth and bring to light the deeper lessons of your parenting journey, as well as a time to learn the process of inquiry so that you can begin to use it on your own.
- Witnessing as others engage in inquiry work. As we compassionately witness another in their journey, we often come to understand our own experience better, and are able to engage with ourselves and the world with greater empathy and compassion.
We will cover topics such as:
- Parenting as a path to personal development
- Parenting as a path of service
- Your relationship to your needs and the needs of others
- Working with reactivity, self-compassion, and forgiveness
- Identifying and working with generational patterns (trauma, belief systems, etc)
As you learn to show up for yourself in your own experience, you will love better, love more, and show up more fully for the most important relationships in your life.
Denise has a private practice in counseling and the healing arts, and draws on more than a decade of experience helping individuals and couples navigate life’s challenges and engage with the deep alchemy of transforming wounds into gifts, and the shadow into a dear companion. She uses an inquiry-based approach known as Depth Hypnosis, as well as Somatic Experiencing, applied Buddhism, and applied Shamanism to bring a pragmatic and dynamic approach to healing.
More about Denise at: www.denisecolby.com
“Despite decades of deep work on a spiritual path of personal development, nothing prepared me for the seismic effects parenting would have on my journey. For me personally, the journey of parenthood has been harrowing, humbling, and has brought me to my knees again and again and again. It has asked more of me than I ever thought I could give, and in turn, unearthed treasures beyond what I could have imagined. It is my sincere wish to help others find their sea legs, release what is getting in their way, and open to the possibility of something new and more beautiful.” ~ Denise, on parenting